Is this too long between contact?

We've been dating a month and a half.

Last time I saw him was Wednesday night when he stayed over, I messaged him Thursday night to see how he was (we were up late and he was up early the next day, but he let me sleep). We've not talked since, it's late Saturday night, I know he's normally busy on weekends as he works in a bar.

I honestly can't tell what's normal, we don't see each other often and he's not into messaging. I think this is just what he's like but it bothers me, because to me regular contact is like validation.

I'm not keen on messaging him first as I message him more than he messages me, also I don't have much to talk about - he works a lot and his social life is via work, I've no social life at all right now.

I'm not sure if not speaking since Thursday is that big of a deal, or if its just a big deal to me because I've no life so it feels longer...you know?



Submitted July 21, 2019 at 12:04AM

We've been dating a month and a half.Last time I saw him was Wednesday night when he stayed over, I messaged him Thursday night to see how he was (we were up late and he was up early the next day, but he let me sleep). We've not talked since, it's late Saturday night, I know he's normally busy on weekends as he works in a bar.I honestly can't tell what's normal, we don't see each other often and he's not into messaging. I think this is just what he's like but it bothers me, because to me regular contact is like validation.I'm not keen on messaging him first as I message him more than he messages me, also I don't have much to talk about - he works a lot and his social life is via work, I've no social life at all right now.I'm not sure if not speaking since Thursday is that big of a deal, or if its just a big deal to me because I've no life so it feels longer...you know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.