/u/DysfunctionalDomo on Help! My ace partner wants to have sex

To most people, no means no and yes means yes in a vanilla situation. I have also never tried sex and I'm not planning to, but a safe word is a great choice for all types of sexual intimacy. It could be because it's easier to say something like "red light" instead of no because even in vanilla situations, people might try to be coy and say 'no' without actually meaning 'no'. This is where a safe word comes in, saying something that isn't usually said during usually kinda triggers a stop button in someone's brain because it's not a coy 'no' it's Strawberry or something. It helps create a non-negotiable boundary that helps keep both parties safe and content in a situation. It also helps keep the confusion of "did they mean no or are they just saying no?" out of the picture. I hope this helps!





September 27, 2023 at 11:07PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.