I am excited about life and looking for advice

TLDR: I (27 M) am about to start seriously looking for someone and wanted ask what I can do to be the best me that I can be.

Personal Backstory: I haven't really tried to be with anyone since high school. I was always working on something else or enjoying my time with my friends. Meeting a nice woman wasn't at the top of my list of concerns. After graduating college and working as a programmer for 2 years at John Deere in a rinky dink little town, I realized I didn't have a goal in life anymore. My job was good, and paid decent enough for my first real job out of college but I felt kind of of alone out there.

So I put in my two weeks and left. Moved in with a male friend of mine in January, and I have spent the last 9 months figuring shit out.

I discovered

  • I like being around and living with other people
  • It's nice to share my hobbies with people in person (I've spent probably to much time on discord)
  • I want to be attracted to someone completely
  • I want to be attractive to someone else

Having put that together I got to work on what I could

  • Starting going out more, asking to meet friends in person and travelling long distances to do things in the City
  • I started exercising. I would run out of breath walking up hill before, now I have to run to start huffing and puffing.
  • I started my first real deal diet. After 3 Months I have gone from being 225 pounds to 200 pounds.
  • I quit all meal delivery services. That shit was expensive
  • I started really cooking for myself
  • Now that I'm meeting people in person again I'm more aware of Hygiene how I might look or smell. (I wasn't a total slob before, but ya know, it could have been better)
  • I downloaded Apps and started thinking about the kind of person I want to meet.

I'm moving out of my friends place this month of my own volition with this to do list. All the things I wanna do in the next 6 months before I go hard in the dating game.

  • Get a job in Chicago, the city closest to everyone I know. I already have some avenues in this regard.
  • Get down to at least 175 pounds (The upper limit of healthy weight for 5' 10" male)
  • Be able to run a mile in 10 minute mile
  • Get stronger. I don't want much, just something I can be happy with
  • Buy clothes that would show off what I worked for
  • Go to a Salon and get hair advice, I have long shoulder length hair that could use some style
  • Figure out what skin care regimen for late 20's guy is. I think I look fine, but I'm down to try and improve past just "fine"

So, anything else yall would recommend adding to that last list. I haven't felt this motivated for this long in a WHILE.



Submitted September 10, 2023 at 12:11AM

TLDR: I (27 M) am about to start seriously looking for someone and wanted ask what I can do to be the best me that I can be.Personal Backstory: I haven't really tried to be with anyone since high school. I was always working on something else or enjoying my time with my friends. Meeting a nice woman wasn't at the top of my list of concerns. After graduating college and working as a programmer for 2 years at John Deere in a rinky dink little town, I realized I didn't have a goal in life anymore. My job was good, and paid decent enough for my first real job out of college but I felt kind of of alone out there.So I put in my two weeks and left. Moved in with a male friend of mine in January, and I have spent the last 9 months figuring shit out.I discoveredI like being around and living with other peopleIt's nice to share my hobbies with people in person (I've spent probably to much time on discord)I want to be attracted to someone completelyI want to be attractive to someone elseHaving put that together I got to work on what I couldStarting going out more, asking to meet friends in person and travelling long distances to do things in the CityI started exercising. I would run out of breath walking up hill before, now I have to run to start huffing and puffing.I started my first real deal diet. After 3 Months I have gone from being 225 pounds to 200 pounds.I quit all meal delivery services. That shit was expensiveI started really cooking for myselfNow that I'm meeting people in person again I'm more aware of Hygiene how I might look or smell. (I wasn't a total slob before, but ya know, it could have been better)I downloaded Apps and started thinking about the kind of person I want to meet.I'm moving out of my friends place this month of my own volition with this to do list. All the things I wanna do in the next 6 months before I go hard in the dating game.Get a job in Chicago, the city closest to everyone I know. I already have some avenues in this regard.Get down to at least 175 pounds (The upper limit of healthy weight for 5' 10" male)Be able to run a mile in 10 minute mileGet stronger. I don't want much, just something I can be happy withBuy clothes that would show off what I worked forGo to a Salon and get hair advice, I have long shoulder length hair that could use some styleFigure out what skin care regimen for late 20's guy is. I think I look fine, but I'm down to try and improve past just "fine"So, anything else yall would recommend adding to that last list. I haven't felt this motivated for this long in a WHILE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.