/u/acatwithtinywings on Even among LGBT+ groups, I still feel like an outcast.

I haven't been to queer specific events because I'm too shy. However, I coincidentally made friends with a lot of queer people before I realized I was queer (maybe we're drawn to each other haha). I've found queer people to be one of the most accepting groups and they were supportive when I thought I was straight, when I came out as heteromantic ace, and when I realized I am biromantic. They supported me through my changes on my journey of self discovery. That being said, I've met these friends at college and not at a queer group. I think in interest specific group settings things can easily get "competitive". Eg. Book club "well I read REAL books and not mainstream movie books". And competitive for queer spaces is "well I'm more queer than you"





July 31, 2023 at 11:20PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.