/u/SolusVivere on The impact of asexuality on libido/desire

I think at times a high libido can mask asexuality, in a sense that there are some ace people who don't realize it due to the contrast in their libido and attraction. Specially if you are sex-positive and alloromantic, I can see it being hard to pinpoint.

I have a high libido but 0 interest in sex even though I don't mind the idea of it. It took me forever to realize that not minding it is not the same as wanting it lol. You can probably increase libido since it is a physical thing and I guess you can also work on sex favorability if you want to and work on it, but with attraction: I doubt there is any way to influence that.

Best thing to do is really understand your comforts and see how they match with your partner or potential partner. You might be okay with certain acts more than others and involving different components and situations definitely can give a different feel so it would be best to really see where you stand. I know a lotta aces are into kink and stuff, sometimes it makes the act actually enjoyable in the right context. But really depends on person to person.





April 25, 2023 at 01:07AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.