/u/Crowe3717 on College neighbors are having sex and i don’t know what to do

Not all reactions should be validated. Some fears are irrational, some responses disproportionate to the stimuli that cause them.

I'm not unsympathetic to people that have extreme responses, it's not like they're bad people for reacting "incorrectly" or anything like that. But their lives are made worse by having those responses, and the compassionate thing to do is to encourage them to get that sorted out.

We don't have to pretend that all responses are reasonable.





April 26, 2023 at 11:32PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.