How do you go from matching to meeting in person?

Hey, I’m a college student at a university with a fairly skewed gender ratio and absurdly large class sizes (I.e. meeting women irl is tough). I mostly have had to resort to using tinder, but I’ve had like zero success. I’ve been told that I’m a really charismatic guy in person, and I’ve never had problems with face to face interactions, but my recent experiences have led me to think I must be decidedly less interesting in virtual conversations.

I get an ok number of matches, but when I dm them, I get no response 90% of the time. I’ll usually open with some comment like “Hey, I think you look hella fine 👀” or maybe something based off their profile, and then I’ll ask if they’re free some evening Friday through Sunday.

At various stages, this will fail. Sometimes they respond positively, and say they’re free, but when I try to setup a venue, like asking if they want to go grab coffee or dinner, I get no response.

Other times, I just won’t get any response. From my perspective, I don’t think there’s anything too egregious that I’m doing? I feel like if we matched, there’s should be at least some mutual interest?

I would appreciate any insight into what I’m doing wrong, or maybe a perspective that I am missing.



Submitted April 06, 2023 at 01:55AM

Hey, I’m a college student at a university with a fairly skewed gender ratio and absurdly large class sizes (I.e. meeting women irl is tough). I mostly have had to resort to using tinder, but I’ve had like zero success. I’ve been told that I’m a really charismatic guy in person, and I’ve never had problems with face to face interactions, but my recent experiences have led me to think I must be decidedly less interesting in virtual conversations.I get an ok number of matches, but when I dm them, I get no response 90% of the time. I’ll usually open with some comment like “Hey, I think you look hella fine 👀” or maybe something based off their profile, and then I’ll ask if they’re free some evening Friday through Sunday.At various stages, this will fail. Sometimes they respond positively, and say they’re free, but when I try to setup a venue, like asking if they want to go grab coffee or dinner, I get no response.Other times, I just won’t get any response. From my perspective, I don’t think there’s anything too egregious that I’m doing? I feel like if we matched, there’s should be at least some mutual interest?I would appreciate any insight into what I’m doing wrong, or maybe a perspective that I am missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.