Boyfriend (27M) and I (30F) long distance

Boyfriend and I of over a year have been doing long distance. Things are great when we’re together but he says we’re “not right for each other” when we’re apart. We don’t fight often but when we do, it hurts.

He says it’s not an easy “responsibility” to be “required” to talk to me every day. Which, we hardly talk at all most days and then other days we’ll be on the phone for an hour. But I feel like that’s part of long distance, letting each other know they’re on your mind even far away and genuinely wanting to know about their days.

Our recent fight was because he went on a bender for 3 days - no communication and he doesn’t understand why I would be upset … mind you he canceled seeing me the weekend before because he was too busy with a class - which is still unfinished so he just chose not to see me.

Am I in the wrong for wanting communication? And for wanting it not to be a difficult “responsibility”?

He’s on his phone with his brother and cousin and friends whenever we are together but checking in with his girlfriend is too much responsibility?



Submitted February 23, 2023 at 12:19AM

Boyfriend and I of over a year have been doing long distance. Things are great when we’re together but he says we’re “not right for each other” when we’re apart. We don’t fight often but when we do, it hurts.He says it’s not an easy “responsibility” to be “required” to talk to me every day. Which, we hardly talk at all most days and then other days we’ll be on the phone for an hour. But I feel like that’s part of long distance, letting each other know they’re on your mind even far away and genuinely wanting to know about their days.Our recent fight was because he went on a bender for 3 days - no communication and he doesn’t understand why I would be upset … mind you he canceled seeing me the weekend before because he was too busy with a class - which is still unfinished so he just chose not to see me.Am I in the wrong for wanting communication? And for wanting it not to be a difficult “responsibility”?He’s on his phone with his brother and cousin and friends whenever we are together but checking in with his girlfriend is too much responsibility?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.