Am I crazy for wanting to hold out until I find love?

Basically the title. I (27F) am fairly inexperienced. I’ve dated a decent number of guys (20) and haven’t felt the potential for actual love with anybody. I’ve had many good conversations, and with some I’ve felt some attraction, but there’s been nobody with whom there’s been both or a sense of “I could fall in love with this person.”

Is that asking for too much though, to hold out until I have that feeling about somebody? Or is the whole point of dating to find that? I worry I’d be being too picky if I waited to fall in love, and I’m no spring chicken at 27, but it also seems terribly depressing and possibly self-sabotaging to stay with somebody you don’t actually feel in love with.

Just thinking aloud and would appreciate any thoughts. Had a first date today that went nicely but also can’t imagine actually falling in love with this guy. Not sure what to do.



Submitted February 20, 2023 at 12:15AM

Basically the title. I (27F) am fairly inexperienced. I’ve dated a decent number of guys (20) and haven’t felt the potential for actual love with anybody. I’ve had many good conversations, and with some I’ve felt some attraction, but there’s been nobody with whom there’s been both or a sense of “I could fall in love with this person.”Is that asking for too much though, to hold out until I have that feeling about somebody? Or is the whole point of dating to find that? I worry I’d be being too picky if I waited to fall in love, and I’m no spring chicken at 27, but it also seems terribly depressing and possibly self-sabotaging to stay with somebody you don’t actually feel in love with.Just thinking aloud and would appreciate any thoughts. Had a first date today that went nicely but also can’t imagine actually falling in love with this guy. Not sure what to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.