What Would Most Girls Do If a Guy Asked Them Out and Bullied Them Into Paying?

A man took me out on a "date". I was really excited, blew off a work project, got new heels, a dress, and was excited to be wined and dined. I really did put in a lot of time, money, and energy trying to impress him and be good company.

I didn't ask him about whether he was paying and expected him to pay since he asked me out. When the bill came, he just gave me a blank stare. I asked him if he was taking care of it and he just said "No".

I got visibly upset and he started bragging about other women that wanted him, then threatened to get up and leave if I didn't pay. I panicked about being left with the whole bill.

He said we could split it and we both put in our cards. Turns out, he had actually LOCKED his card. The waitress came back and said "I'm really sorry, his card didn't work" and she told me my card got charged for BOTH meals.

Wanting to be "nice", I didn't complain, I just said that's okay and signed the check, but I'm wondering if this was my legal obligation. Can I complain to the restaurant?

I feel as though it was not fair he bullied me into paying for him and I got screwed over for trying to be a good person and pay my share out of respect for the restaurant, even though it was a date HE asked me on. But then the restaurant charged me for BOTH meals because this guy locked his card.

The guy also seemed very, very pleased with himself that he didn't need to pay and wouldn't leave a tip either, so I had to put down the little cash I had (20) too. It was 100 for both plus tip and this guy refused to pay anything and bullied me into paying for him by locking his card. I'm not sure what else I could have done and feel really bad about the whole thing

TLDR: Guy bullied me into paying and I was really really shocked and unsure how to handle it



Submitted November 20, 2022 at 09:52PM

A man took me out on a "date". I was really excited, blew off a work project, got new heels, a dress, and was excited to be wined and dined. I really did put in a lot of time, money, and energy trying to impress him and be good company.I didn't ask him about whether he was paying and expected him to pay since he asked me out. When the bill came, he just gave me a blank stare. I asked him if he was taking care of it and he just said "No".I got visibly upset and he started bragging about other women that wanted him, then threatened to get up and leave if I didn't pay. I panicked about being left with the whole bill.He said we could split it and we both put in our cards. Turns out, he had actually LOCKED his card. The waitress came back and said "I'm really sorry, his card didn't work" and she told me my card got charged for BOTH meals.Wanting to be "nice", I didn't complain, I just said that's okay and signed the check, but I'm wondering if this was my legal obligation. Can I complain to the restaurant?I feel as though it was not fair he bullied me into paying for him and I got screwed over for trying to be a good person and pay my share out of respect for the restaurant, even though it was a date HE asked me on. But then the restaurant charged me for BOTH meals because this guy locked his card.The guy also seemed very, very pleased with himself that he didn't need to pay and wouldn't leave a tip either, so I had to put down the little cash I had (20) too. It was 100 for both plus tip and this guy refused to pay anything and bullied me into paying for him by locking his card. I'm not sure what else I could have done and feel really bad about the whole thingTLDR: Guy bullied me into paying and I was really really shocked and unsure how to handle it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.