Did I (24F) Make a Mistake Letting Him (35M) Go?

Hi everyone,

I (24F) was dating someone (35M) for about 2.5 months. We shared the same values, and he was incredibly consistent with me - we would call everyday for 1-2 hours and he would travel down by car just to see me almost twice a month (it's a 6hr drive!). We were not physical with each other due to our religious convictions however we shared a deep emotional bond with each other.

Until he dropped the bomb on me and told me he was just not ready for a commitment. He offered to stay friends in the mean time "to see if his mind will change".

I told him that while I understand his decision, I cannot stay friends with him at the moment as it would be difficult for me to move on. I unfollowed him on instagram, deleted his contact info, and all our pictures together, etc. He has not reached out since. I am quite sad as he's such an amazing guy regardless of this.

Was I rash in my decision? Or was it right of me to do? Should I move on? Or hope that he will reach out some day? :(



Submitted November 25, 2022 at 12:10AM

Hi everyone,I (24F) was dating someone (35M) for about 2.5 months. We shared the same values, and he was incredibly consistent with me - we would call everyday for 1-2 hours and he would travel down by car just to see me almost twice a month (it's a 6hr drive!). We were not physical with each other due to our religious convictions however we shared a deep emotional bond with each other.Until he dropped the bomb on me and told me he was just not ready for a commitment. He offered to stay friends in the mean time "to see if his mind will change".I told him that while I understand his decision, I cannot stay friends with him at the moment as it would be difficult for me to move on. I unfollowed him on instagram, deleted his contact info, and all our pictures together, etc. He has not reached out since. I am quite sad as he's such an amazing guy regardless of this.Was I rash in my decision? Or was it right of me to do? Should I move on? Or hope that he will reach out some day? :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.