Dating a girl with Anxiety (23M): Need advice

So I (23M) have been seeing a girl (23F) I really like for just over a month now but Im not sure how to deal with some of her anxiety.

She is really affectionate and has stayed over at mine multiple times, but struggles with things like kissing and intimacy (we haven't made out or 'slept' together, just light kissing and cuddling). I'm sympathetic to it and not trying to force anything, but I'm not sure what to do when some days she seems to have no problem with it, then the next time she'll be with me but won't kiss me (on the lips) as she gets nervous and turns away (but will sometimes initiate herself). It hasn't been an issue till now but it is starting to make it weird and changing the vibe.

I just don't know if there are ways I can make her more comfortable with it and me as it's starting to make me question if I should keep going out with her even though I really like her.

I guess I am mostly just looking for advice or tips from anyone who has been through something similar or can help. Thanks :)



Submitted November 10, 2022 at 01:06AM

So I (23M) have been seeing a girl (23F) I really like for just over a month now but Im not sure how to deal with some of her anxiety.She is really affectionate and has stayed over at mine multiple times, but struggles with things like kissing and intimacy (we haven't made out or 'slept' together, just light kissing and cuddling). I'm sympathetic to it and not trying to force anything, but I'm not sure what to do when some days she seems to have no problem with it, then the next time she'll be with me but won't kiss me (on the lips) as she gets nervous and turns away (but will sometimes initiate herself). It hasn't been an issue till now but it is starting to make it weird and changing the vibe.I just don't know if there are ways I can make her more comfortable with it and me as it's starting to make me question if I should keep going out with her even though I really like her.I guess I am mostly just looking for advice or tips from anyone who has been through something similar or can help. Thanks :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.