/u/Shufflechunk on Coming to terms with my (possible) asexuaity (Vent)

Could you try/have you tried therapy? Even speaking to a sexologist? I'm ace and have a sexologist I see occasionally and I just find her to be really validating and helpful in understanding my feelings about sex and my past experiences.

Growing up sheltered with sex cast in a bad light could absolutely effect how you feel about it now. But you could also just be ace (whether you always were or are as a result of your upbringing - both valid), and like many people who have gone through the emotions of discovering this about themselves, that can feel super uncomfortable at first. If you don't experience sexual attraction or desire, you classify as being ace. But sexuality is fluid and can change. You can also be ace and crave romantic connection, they are seperate :)

I understand the heartache of wanting a romantic connection with people who need the sexual connection, and you can't offer it. It's a struggle many ace people face. Please try not to fall down the rabbit hole of thinking you are broken and need fixing, it is such a difficult hole to climb out of. Spend some time in this community here and see what you learn about yourself or others' experiences. Something might click for you!





October 04, 2022 at 12:43AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.