/u/dandyaceinspace on PSA: ace who has fantasies or masturbates doesn't necessarily equal aegosexual

Let me start by saying that I understand the feeling the definition describes on a personal level. I am disconnected from my sexual arousal. I don't self insert.

The reason I believe this is one face of comp het is from the experience of lesbians describe something similar when faced with the pressure to be het. While still discovering their sexuality or perhaps trying to deny it, lesbians will express sexual attraction to men that are usually unattainable (celebrities or fictional characters) but experience that same disconnect - they don't self insert.

I should also probably mention that I am not downplaying or trying to invalidate aego. I just think that the disconnect they feel is one facet of the expectation to perform to a heteronormative standard.





October 16, 2022 at 11:18PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.