/u/a_randomgecko on Does your country's schools include sex education in their system and if yes, at what age?

For my school district (I'm in the pacific northwest) they teach puberty and very basic anatomy starting in 4th grade and sex ed starting in 5th. You do it every year (if your parents don't opt you out) until you graduate (I think). It gets progressively more in depth each year.

Thankfully my school district is very strict about separating church and school so nothing is influenced by that

Edit: looking through the comments I feel like I should add that my school teaches about stds and stis (mainly hiv and aids) starting in 5th grade. I had no idea my school was actually decent at sex ed





September 29, 2022 at 12:29AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.