How do I know if it's okay to make a move?

I (18F) have a giant crush on one of my friends (20M). We met online about 9 Months ago, when I started to get into gaming. He's a friend of my friends and has been playing with them for years.

I heard stories about him but never had a reason to speak to him directly, because I wasn't part of their "gamer group". Until my Best Friend invited me to play with them despite being inexperienced.

He and I kinda clicked and started playing more and more together sometimes even just the two of us. Around 5 Months in I started noticing that I have feelings for him, which was kind of a surprise because my crushes usually hit fast and go away just as fast. I've never had one develop this slowly but surely.

Around that time my Best friend (the one who invited me to play) asked me what was going on between the two of us and also pointed out some signs of him liking me (Always being around where I was, answering my texts almost immediately even when in game, initiating activities with just us two like watching series together). He's a really wonderful guy. Kind and respectful, also funny. His simple minded attitude really grounds an overthinker like me and we click really well even though we're both a little socially awkward.

We met only a few times in person, because we live around 5 hours apart. But none of them have been awkward or much different from when we're online. (Also he gives me the 'butterflies' a lot).

The problem is that I'm kinda shy and I think he is too. So none of us have really made much of a move. (He's called me cute a few times (2 times is a lot for an introvert) and I've told him that I miss him when he isn't around.) I'm really terrible at reading people and also terrible at giving hints. I don't want to scare him away because I have a history of coming on too strong. I'm also not the most attractive by modern beauty standards, I have acne (which I am working on) and I'm a tiny bit overweight/chubby (I don't really mind that part it's more me than being skinny). It adds to my hesitation.

I don't want to misinterpret and ask him out when he's not even into me. But I'm also scared of missing my chance and would really like to be closer to him.

So my question is: Is there a way I can test the waters to see if he'd be okay with me making a move on him? So I can figure out if he's just too shy and worried about the same things as me or not interested in/ready for taking our relationship a little further.

TLDR: I really like this guy and want to try making a move but don't know if he is comfortable with that. Is there a way to find out if he is?



Submitted September 19, 2022 at 12:14AM

I (18F) have a giant crush on one of my friends (20M). We met online about 9 Months ago, when I started to get into gaming. He's a friend of my friends and has been playing with them for years.I heard stories about him but never had a reason to speak to him directly, because I wasn't part of their "gamer group". Until my Best Friend invited me to play with them despite being inexperienced.He and I kinda clicked and started playing more and more together sometimes even just the two of us. Around 5 Months in I started noticing that I have feelings for him, which was kind of a surprise because my crushes usually hit fast and go away just as fast. I've never had one develop this slowly but surely.Around that time my Best friend (the one who invited me to play) asked me what was going on between the two of us and also pointed out some signs of him liking me (Always being around where I was, answering my texts almost immediately even when in game, initiating activities with just us two like watching series together). He's a really wonderful guy. Kind and respectful, also funny. His simple minded attitude really grounds an overthinker like me and we click really well even though we're both a little socially awkward.We met only a few times in person, because we live around 5 hours apart. But none of them have been awkward or much different from when we're online. (Also he gives me the 'butterflies' a lot).The problem is that I'm kinda shy and I think he is too. So none of us have really made much of a move. (He's called me cute a few times (2 times is a lot for an introvert) and I've told him that I miss him when he isn't around.) I'm really terrible at reading people and also terrible at giving hints. I don't want to scare him away because I have a history of coming on too strong. I'm also not the most attractive by modern beauty standards, I have acne (which I am working on) and I'm a tiny bit overweight/chubby (I don't really mind that part it's more me than being skinny). It adds to my hesitation.I don't want to misinterpret and ask him out when he's not even into me. But I'm also scared of missing my chance and would really like to be closer to him.So my question is: Is there a way I can test the waters to see if he'd be okay with me making a move on him? So I can figure out if he's just too shy and worried about the same things as me or not interested in/ready for taking our relationship a little further.TLDR: I really like this guy and want to try making a move but don't know if he is comfortable with that. Is there a way to find out if he is?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.