/u/Soft_Hunter1033 on HSP anyone?

Setting aside the debate on terminology for a minute I’ll try to answer the question you asked by sharing my personal experience. I don’t know how to label it so I’ll speak specifically to practical experience and say that I tend to be prone to sensory overload under certain circumstances and be particularly affected by certain stimuli. As I’ve gotten older and more self aware, I’ve learned to manage it by avoiding those situations that are likely to affect me negatively. But I don’t think that has anything to do with my being asexual. I don’t think I’d experience sexual attraction regardless. But I do wonder whether it influences my tendency to be sex averse. There are certain aspects of sexual activity I know I wouldn’t react well to from a purely sensory perspective. Of course that’s all anecdotal and individual personal experience so take from it what you will.





July 30, 2022 at 11:18PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.