Have you ever stayed friends with an ex and then started dating them again?

Trying to figure out if I want to stay friends with an ex. I'm leaning towards no until I get over them because I know it would be painful for me.

On the other hand, I want him to stay in my life. I don't bear animosity towards him.

But if I'm completely honest, I also want him back. We broke up because he's still a bit immature and has commitment issues, but if he ever decides to commit, I want that person to be me. I'm not proud of that, but that's the truth.

People on Reddit are telling me over and over again that staying "friends" is a no-go because that person is more likely to feel secure about you and then move on, whereas no-contact is more likely to make that person miss you.

Have you ever gotten back with an ex after maintaining a relationship as friends?



Submitted July 12, 2022 at 12:13AM

Trying to figure out if I want to stay friends with an ex. I'm leaning towards no until I get over them because I know it would be painful for me.On the other hand, I want him to stay in my life. I don't bear animosity towards him.But if I'm completely honest, I also want him back. We broke up because he's still a bit immature and has commitment issues, but if he ever decides to commit, I want that person to be me. I'm not proud of that, but that's the truth.People on Reddit are telling me over and over again that staying "friends" is a no-go because that person is more likely to feel secure about you and then move on, whereas no-contact is more likely to make that person miss you.Have you ever gotten back with an ex after maintaining a relationship as friends?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.