Starting dating with the potential to marry...what questions are too soon?

Okay, so I’m a 25 year old man for context.

I’ve done the casual experience and now I’m ready to settle down. It’s not for me; I want to date with the potential to be married. What’s the right time to ask the important questions?

I don’t want to waste my time. Women, I’m specifically asking you this question, I suppose.

When is it an appropriate time to start asking real questions? I not want to seem way too serious right off the bat for fear of seeming irrational.

I never want my own children, and that’s something I’ve realized from a very young age. This can be a dealbreaker, and that’s fine. Many women want biological children and that’s fine as well. However, I do not. And that’s fine...the problem arises when I figure out when I should bring this up.

How do I bring this up to someone? If they make it a topic of conversation that’s an easy answer, but I don’t want to talk to someone on a second date about children because that’s pretty damn forward. I also don’t want either of us to waste our time.

Any advice helps. Thank you!



Submitted March 30, 2022 at 12:16AM

Okay, so I’m a 25 year old man for context.I’ve done the casual experience and now I’m ready to settle down. It’s not for me; I want to date with the potential to be married. What’s the right time to ask the important questions?I don’t want to waste my time. Women, I’m specifically asking you this question, I suppose.When is it an appropriate time to start asking real questions? I not want to seem way too serious right off the bat for fear of seeming irrational.I never want my own children, and that’s something I’ve realized from a very young age. This can be a dealbreaker, and that’s fine. Many women want biological children and that’s fine as well. However, I do not. And that’s fine...the problem arises when I figure out when I should bring this up.How do I bring this up to someone? If they make it a topic of conversation that’s an easy answer, but I don’t want to talk to someone on a second date about children because that’s pretty damn forward. I also don’t want either of us to waste our time.Any advice helps. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.