/u/Spiky_Rowboat on I honestly really hate being an ace guy sometimes

I'm a woman but reading what you read, parts of it felt very familiar in both what I experience personally and what I've experienced through men who have low sex drives or just aren't sex focused (haven't really known any asexual men personally)

I've noticed how hard it is for men to feel comfortable not being super sex focused and it makes me really sad. I try to support those who share those emotions with me but I still see them struggling with it. I really wish sex could be less of a focus so people could feel more comfortable being themselves.

Even as a woman I've come across so many people who just don't understand it and contradict what you try to tell them. I can relate to the just pretending to be hetero, I actually ended up doing that in the end after it was just too exhausting identifying as ace. Gone full circle back here and still reluctant to identify that way and definitely not comfortable telling people that's how I feel because even people who previously wouldn't ask invasive questions about my sex life suddenly think it's okay to ask me all sorts of things about whether I masturbate etc etc.





January 26, 2022 at 11:25PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.