How to ask

For nearly a year, I've (25F) been talking on and off with this guy (34M) on social media. When we first started, it was very flirty and we would stay up late messaging each other and I caught feelings pretty fast but wanted to take things slow. Maybe it was too slow, or maybe because of the distance between us (over 400 miles), eventually the conversation dried out and we stopped for a while, only commenting on each other's posts occasionally.

Recently however, he said (jokingly) that I should move closer to him (I'm starting to look for a new job and place and mentioned in my posts before). I said that while I'm looking in my area, I could crash at his place if I'm ever visiting in his area, and we had a little banter going. I want to ask him if he wants to meet up in person, but I'm not sure how to bring it up, bc we haven't talked about seeing each other romantically since we first started talking.

I thought my feelings had finally gone away but talking to him made me realize how much I enjoy the communication and the common interests we share, and want to explore that more in person; I'm just pretty shy and don't know how to ask that, really. Any advice?



Submitted December 22, 2021 at 12:15AM

For nearly a year, I've (25F) been talking on and off with this guy (34M) on social media. When we first started, it was very flirty and we would stay up late messaging each other and I caught feelings pretty fast but wanted to take things slow. Maybe it was too slow, or maybe because of the distance between us (over 400 miles), eventually the conversation dried out and we stopped for a while, only commenting on each other's posts occasionally.Recently however, he said (jokingly) that I should move closer to him (I'm starting to look for a new job and place and mentioned in my posts before). I said that while I'm looking in my area, I could crash at his place if I'm ever visiting in his area, and we had a little banter going. I want to ask him if he wants to meet up in person, but I'm not sure how to bring it up, bc we haven't talked about seeing each other romantically since we first started talking.I thought my feelings had finally gone away but talking to him made me realize how much I enjoy the communication and the common interests we share, and want to explore that more in person; I'm just pretty shy and don't know how to ask that, really. Any advice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.