Not sure if classmate is interested in me or is just being nice—help?

I worked with this guy on a project for school for about a month and a half, and during that time we saw each other almost every day. I started to like him, but I'm still not sure whether he feels the same about me or if I'm reading too much into these signs.

Reasons he might like me:

  • Asked me to partner with him the maximum amount of times we were allowed to have the same partner despite me contributing almost nothing to the project

  • Would initiate almost every conversation, ask me a lot more questions than I asked him, and ask me how my day was (which I never asked him)

  • Seemed like he was trying to show off his skills on the project we were working on and showed me other things he was building without me asking about them

  • Brought up parties and his interactions with other girls for seemingly no reason

  • teased me a bit

Big reason he might not like me:

  • He never explicitly asked me out.

On one of our last days working together, he said we should stop working because he was really hungry and had to eat dinner. I said that was okay, but he didn't start to pack up right away, and kept talking about how hungry he was. He asked if I had dinner, and I said I had (because I did). I realized right after I said that that he might've been leading up to asking me out, but unfortunately I could have accidentally rejected him (if that was even what he was trying to do).

About a week later, I decided to face my fears and texted him to let me know if he wanted to get food sometime. He took over 12 hours to respond to that text (he said sure and that he'd hit me up) and did so late at night, when he would always respond to texts about homework in a literal minute or at most a few hours. But it's been a few days and he hasn't contacted me again. I'm kind of scared he just replied to be nice and he doesn't actually like me.

Based on this information, would you guess he's into me but just nervous, or isn't really interested?



Submitted November 22, 2021 at 12:15AM

I worked with this guy on a project for school for about a month and a half, and during that time we saw each other almost every day. I started to like him, but I'm still not sure whether he feels the same about me or if I'm reading too much into these signs.Reasons he might like me:Asked me to partner with him the maximum amount of times we were allowed to have the same partner despite me contributing almost nothing to the projectWould initiate almost every conversation, ask me a lot more questions than I asked him, and ask me how my day was (which I never asked him)Seemed like he was trying to show off his skills on the project we were working on and showed me other things he was building without me asking about themBrought up parties and his interactions with other girls for seemingly no reasonteased me a bitBig reason he might not like me:He never explicitly asked me out.On one of our last days working together, he said we should stop working because he was really hungry and had to eat dinner. I said that was okay, but he didn't start to pack up right away, and kept talking about how hungry he was. He asked if I had dinner, and I said I had (because I did). I realized right after I said that that he might've been leading up to asking me out, but unfortunately I could have accidentally rejected him (if that was even what he was trying to do).About a week later, I decided to face my fears and texted him to let me know if he wanted to get food sometime. He took over 12 hours to respond to that text (he said sure and that he'd hit me up) and did so late at night, when he would always respond to texts about homework in a literal minute or at most a few hours. But it's been a few days and he hasn't contacted me again. I'm kind of scared he just replied to be nice and he doesn't actually like me.Based on this information, would you guess he's into me but just nervous, or isn't really interested?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.