/u/redtailplays101 on After have read the comment under an asexual video I don't feel bad anymore

Many people say that sex is the most important part of a relationship. It just mean that they don't see the value of a relationship without it.

Uh, what? That's ridiculous. I'm a demisexual (and likely will engage in sexual activities once I'm of legal age to do so) and I think the most important things in a relationship are trust, loyalty, love, and compatibility. That's what makes a relationship work. Trust your partner, don't go behind their back, love them, and of course you need to work together and be compatible. Don't wanna be butting heads every 5 minutes. You should have the same end goals (do we wanna be married? Have kids? Stay together for the rest of our lives?) and it's best to hold similar beliefs (LGBTQIA+ rights, is BLM fighting systemic racism or are they just an anti-white hate group, defund or defend the police, who should we vote for, etc.) Sex is an important part of a relationship to allos (and aces that do pursue and desire intimacy) but that should not be the most important part of a relationship to either.





August 11, 2021 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.