/u/2Agile2Furious on Just broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years because I'm ace

Sorry this happened to you. I'll add a little to what /u/stupideathmachine said; that even IF YOU WERE ALLO, you could still have been very sad if you were in one of the ~25% relationships where the woman has a higher libido than you, and those often don't end well for the allo guy, who is under too much pressure to satisfy her. Or you could have been in an allo relationship where the sex was great for both parties (which is rare) but your partner sucked in other areas as a mature functioning member of society.

If you don't believe me look at /r/deadbedrooms or /r/femaledatingstrategy for all the way allo relationships can be terrible and fail. So I don't think there are many, if any, perfect relationships out there because let's face it none of us are perfect... so I try to be thankful and measure the good with the bad.

And to answer your question, sex is important to allos, but also society conditions allos every day in all forms of media to expect that sex is important, and that aces basically don't exist. This takes time to unlearn.





August 01, 2021 at 11:39PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.