Peeing after sex - yes or no?

So I’ve always read everywhere that peeing after sex is important to prevent UTIs etc. However, I’ve recently talked to three different doctors, all of whom said that this is the first time they hear it, and to them it seems useless. One even said that in case of an existing UTI it could make it worse.

Any urologists, gynecologists, and any other doctors on this sub who could weigh in?

Edit: another argument used was that if bacteria entered the urethra, it will already be too late to pee after sex, because a female urethra is so short.



Submitted August 15, 2021 at 11:10PM

So I’ve always read everywhere that peeing after sex is important to prevent UTIs etc. However, I’ve recently talked to three different doctors, all of whom said that this is the first time they hear it, and to them it seems useless. One even said that in case of an existing UTI it could make it worse.Any urologists, gynecologists, and any other doctors on this sub who could weigh in?Edit: another argument used was that if bacteria entered the urethra, it will already be too late to pee after sex, because a female urethra is so short.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.