/u/SadButterscotch2 on My biology teacher said that it's impossible and dumb for a person to identify as asexual

But how? I don't see why saying that the definition of a woman is someone who identifies as such is unbelievable.

It sounded like you were talking about non-binary people.

Yes, I think so.

You're focusing on language and definitions and missing the point. Scientific studies have demonstrated that transgender brains align with their desired sex. Using the correct, desired pronouns and name of a transgender person gives them euphoria and helps to lessen gender dysphoria to the point of literally being suicide prevention. Social and medical transition relieves gender dysphoria and significantly improves mental health. Suicide rates in transgender people are tied to discrimination. It is a demonstrable fact that trans people are who they say they are, and that to stubbornly deny that and complain that their entire existence is wrong is directly harmful to them.

Rephrase your arguments to be about asexual people and see what you think of them.





July 21, 2021 at 11:51PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.