/u/kyokichii on How do you come out to people?

I work in construction so my coworkers just know I'm "not interested in relationships or any of that" and let them make their own assumptions from there. They can think I'm a lesbian or just promiscuous, I'm not responsible for their mental image of me. I'm just not gonna waste energy trying to explain the nuance to them because in construction The Culture is a little...

As for with new friends or whatever it's such an ingrained part of who I am that I don't actually think to mention it or anything unless someone asks me about a partner or whatever then I'm usually stumbling over my words because I temporarily forget that dating and cohabitation is a thing that people even do 🙃

I think your sexuality (or in our case basically the lack of one) is a huge thing that takes up a bunch of mental energy when first discovered but for me at least after knowing I'm aroace for the last decade I forget about it until reddit sends me notifications like "oh hey post in sub you forgot you follow."





July 04, 2021 at 11:59PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.