/u/ZanyDragons on I have a question for those of you who identify as female and afab asexuals. Do/did you have the urge to reproduce/grow a baby in your body? I'm curious if there's a link between my asexuality and my deep fear of ever getting pregnant.

I’ve got mixed feelings to the idea but none to do with my asexuality really (mostly bc I have intense menstrual pain, burst ovarian cysts, PCOS, and vaginismus affecting my ability to use tampons, have Pap smears, gyno exams, etc. None of those things are sexual though, and I pretty much don’t think of those things when I consider sex, it’s just that my reproductive areas often hURT out of the blue so I’m not jazzed about potential things going wrong and being in more pain.) but aside from my physical issues I do enjoy kids, I don’t think I make enough money to comfortably have any but if I was in less pain/made more money/had better healthcare I wouldn’t hate the idea of having them.

When it comes to my asexuality mostly I think the idea of sex is better than the reality (which is a lot of trouble and work and cleanup for something that I just feel really “eh” about honestly.) it’s like maybe setting up a ping pong net on your dinner table (or something) sounds like a fun idea for a party, but in practice is really boring and a lot of effort for not much entertainment.





June 22, 2021 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.