/u/S4mb4di on I was told "if your LGBT your not Christian"

I think its good to read the bible and also think about the historical context it was written in. That way you dont have to rely on the stuff other people tell you about it, and believe me a lot of it is bullshit, as all the people saying god hates lgbtq+ people are so generously demonstrating. Also, in my opinion you should always remember that the bible is not gods word. Its what humans say about god. Neither god nor jesus wrote the gospel of mark, it‘s not even proven that mark did. Also we dont have the original manuscript of the bible either. All of that is not to say what the bible says isnt important, ot derinitly is. But it isnt absolute. So my advice is to read the bible as stories people tell about their experiences with god and jesus in another cultural background (I‘m assuming here, I‘m sorry if I‘m wrong) and also 2000 years ago. Also always remember, that youre reading a translation and a translation is always also an interpretation.





June 16, 2021 at 12:05AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.