/u/supermassivenova on What is the personality of the asexual community?

it is definitely one of those outside looking in like things. people who are not familiar with ace people and the aspec community think that asexual = no sex and thus are naive and child like, along with common things in the community being obsessed with dragons and space, all lead to this stereotype. it is obviously not a generalization and some ace people do have sex and have sexual interests and are not immature.

i do see a common theme that many ace people have interests that may be considered child like, cartoons, minecraft, etc. and that can definitely be used in defense of the stereotype but i think it is a great thing to be interested in such media, they usually have good messages and are just fun, nothing wrong with it at all.





May 08, 2021 at 01:10AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.