/u/i_saphura on my therapist is acephobic?

I had a therapist once that, once she found out I was ace and had no sexual attraction or libido to speak of, would only focus our sessions on sexual attraction and treated me more of a curiosity than a client. Meanwhile the stuff I actually needed help with went unchecked.

If you feel confident enough, maybe you can pull together a few articles and sources to give to her, and tell her that what she said was hurtful/bothered you. And if she says you're too young to know, tell her some rando on the internet said that's BS. If I had known the right terms when I was 15, I would have identified as asexual. Otherwise, I would say continue seeing her for your anxiety around your surgery and if she tries to press you again say "that is not what I am here to talk about", and maybe talk to your parents about meeting with someone else. Also, your 15, not being in a romantic/sexual relationship is fine.

I wish you luck with your surgery!





May 19, 2021 at 11:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.