/u/Bytemite on I love fictional characters but I hate fan "shippings"

I usually follow the adage of don't like, don't read, which it seems you do as well. I like very certain ships, in the sense that it allows me to get a view into people's thoughts on something that is generally very foreign to me, but I also am usually more uncomfortable with M-rated stories than anything else. That said, if there is one inevitability in this world, it is that someone, somewhere, will write or draw smut about something.

I think what I'm far more uncomfortable with are when the main ships in some story are underage - sure, maybe sometimes the authors are teenagers which makes it more understandable, but in some of the bigger fandoms the more well known writers definitely aren't. It's one thing to read m/m slash a het pairing when the focus characters are in their thirties, I suppose when characters are older and more mature their relationships seem "safer" to me.





May 02, 2021 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.