/u/WasteAdministration2 on Does anyone else find fandom spaces unpleasant?

Fandoms have completely ruined platonic relationships in TV.
Like Dean and Castiel from Supernatural, when Cas told Dean he loved him, I thought it meant "as only an angel could", as in profoundly. People took it to mean gay and tbh, the showrunners probably added it in for fanservice, but then people got mad when they didn't get the ending they wanted.

I hate how fandoms see good chemistry and think "NOW KISS". They actively disregard all the other nuances and it just gets uncomfortable, like insisting Hannigram (from the show Hannibal) was a sexual relationship. If it is, let it get there naturally, just because 2 people get each other doesn't mean they HAVE to get in each other's pants.

When it happens naturally, it's the greatest to actually care about these couples because it adds stakes to their safety and their relationship status, like Jo and Alaric from Vampire Diaries, or Jessica and Gil from Prodigal Son. I couldn't care less about any other relationship in those shows.





April 08, 2021 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.