/u/Thornescape on My mom said asexuality isn’t real, what do I do?

It's important to realize that some people will never ever in their entire lives admit that asexuality is real, no matter what you say or do. This is just the reality that we live in. It happens.

It's good to inform people that you care about. It's good to give them the facts. It's also good to realize that some people will never believe and you just have to walk away.

I have an aunt that doesn't believe that dinosaurs ever existed. When I asked what she thought the dinosaur bones were from, she said that they might be bison or something. It was the most intense moment of willful ignorance that I've experienced. I just had to walk away.





March 20, 2021 at 11:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.