/u/Sundaydinobot1 on representation

I always thought I was the weird kid. In high school everyone I knew wanted sex and I just could not relate. I thought I was just immature. Society also made you feel like a loser if you weren't sexually active, all while telling you that you were a terrible person if you were. So I often forced myself into situations I didn't want to be in.

I remember an MTV True Life titled "I'm not having Sex". I was quick to tune in hoping to find someone else out there like me. But these were the three people featured. A model not wanting to have anymore premarital sex after a near death experience, a girl who cheated on all her boyfriends and vowed not to have anymore sex until she could be committed to one person, and a couple not having sex because one cheated and the other was afraid of getting and STD. Not an asexual, not a religious person wanting to wait until marriage, not someone who wasn't ready, not someone who was too nervous, not someone who just hadn't had the opportunity, not someone who had it but didn't like it. No they picked the most boring people they could find and not a single one was a virgin. That episode seriously messed me up at the time because it reinforced the untrue idea that everyone was having sex and if you weren't you were just weird.

Also with teen shows, the virgin would always get laid even if they expressed that they weren't ready or didn't want to. Nope, someone's magic dick would come along or some random hot chick would show up and suddenly they had an awesome sex life. Forget how creepy the person changing their mind often was.





March 12, 2021 at 11:39PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.