/u/AdrianaSage on What are your views on an open relationship for someone that isn’t asexual too?

I'd be interested in seeing how often this type of arrangement works out in the long term. My guess is not too often. I'm mostly basing that on statistics I've seen for open marriages, and stories I've heard from people who've tried open relationships.

Also, speaking as an ace who's been in a relationship with an allo for 20 years, I can't imagine an open relationship not effecting our bond. I'm not just talking about the jealousy issues. There's a sense of connection just from snuggling and feeling comfortable being naked with the same person for so many years. Even if you're not having sex. If you felt they could be that way with other people, it wouldn't quite be the same.

I think there's enough people who are either on the ace spectrum or simply have a low libido, that it's not worth wasting your time on anybody else.





March 07, 2021 at 12:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.