/u/MarDanvers on Unfortunate downside to being ace

I think that's very personal and something to talk in therapy.

But I mean, does it really matter why we are asexual?

I have trauma from my childhood, yes, but who doesn't? Am I dramatic? Maybe, who cares? It does not changes my feelings and I can't always control them. Haven't I met the right person yet? Well why worry about it now then? If it happens, happens.

We don't have to lie about how we feel right now just because maybe it will change in the future.

We can never truly say that we know everything about ourselves, right? We never know about the future because everything changes all the time, even ourselves, but we know what we feel today and that's the important thing

Remember, asexuality it's not black or white. It's an spectrum, it can change. We don't stop being asexual just because suddenly we feel sexual attraction for one particular person o for one particular moment.

Also it probably has something to do with the fact that asexuality it's still massively denied. I'm mean "everyone and everything says it's not real so maybe I'm wrong". We still have a long long way to go as a society.

Anyway, I hope the best for you~! c:





February 11, 2021 at 12:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.