/u/AHauntingAlternative on I'm new to this lol, just realized/accepted I'm asexual 2 days ago, but I have a question

Stereotypically yes, asexuals are portrayed this way, but just like allosexuals, we are all different and experience emotion differently. There could be a number of reasons you are less emotional that have absolutely nothing to do with asexuality. If your emotion/lack thereof is a serious issue for you, you could look into speaking to a therapist about it, but if it works for you and doesn't cause you any distress or problems there's no reason to worry about it. (For example I usually feel numb or angry but thats due to severe clinical depression)

Some people have higher or lower EQs than others. EQ - Emotional Intelligence - according to Wiki "is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and those of others, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and adjust emotions to adapt to environments." Lots of people are more logic than feeling and that's totally normal one of those INTP or ENTJ or whatever personality things, one of them is about being more logic than emotion. It's just a of kind personality trait.

So long story short, It's not necessarily good or bad, weird or normal, it's just you! Asexuality is literally just little to no sexual attraction and that's it. Just that.





February 10, 2021 at 11:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.