/u/SaraPieBaron on What the hell is "Ace Pride"?!

So, with that being said, why in the fuck are people displaying "Ace Pride" as if it is an accomplishment?!

It's not an accomplishment, it's a celebration of all the facets of oneself. Aces, and minorities in general, are encouraged (or pressured) to hide those facets of themselves that make them different. "Ace pride" (similar to "gay pride") is standing up and saying "this part of me is valid too".

As to the rest of what you said - it sounds like you haven't accepted the part of yourself that is ace. You seem to view it as broken.

Personally, I am not broken. I am not a biological failure. Being ace is part of what makes me me, and I love being me. Being ace means that I can focus on my wants and needs, it means I can take care of myself, it means that if I decide to have children I know that I am choosing their other parent based on their qualities rather than some random switch being flipped inside me. I used to think I'd always be alone because of it, which made me sad sometimes. Then I had an SO who was into sex and accepted me as I was regardless.

Edit: wow, I didn't even notice where you compared it to a handicap. One man's handicap is another man's superpower. Anyways, being ace isn't like missing a limb, it's more like having type O blood.





January 14, 2021 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.