/u/NeatoFirstOfTheDudes on I'm aro and I fell in love

Idk how helpful this is, but I'd basically describe it as "like being ace, but for romance". Personally, I've never had crushes, wanted to date people, etc. Idk there's a "like libido, but for romance", but if there is, I don't have one. Kissing people seems kinda weird and uncomfortable to me. I've heard that a lot of aro people don't like how romantic subplots are in every piece of media, although they don't bother me too much unless they're forced/badly written. I think about amatanormativity a lot, although that mostly started after I started identifying as aroace and learned the word amatanormativity.

Uhh... I would've broken up this wall of text somewhat, but I didn't exactly have a coherent enough set of ideas to do paragraphs lol. Still, hopefully something in there helps. I'd also recommend checking out r/aromantic and r/aaro to see how much you identify with what people say there, if you haven't already. Good luck figuring yourself out, I guess!





January 19, 2021 at 12:01AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.