/u/cichlidLR on I think i made a mistake by coming out to my mom.

I'm so sorry. Asexuality has a history of being pathologized and it's horrible that people aren't taken seriously about their own experiences.

Hopefully this is just an example of ignorance. There isn't a lot of ace representation out there so people don't often 'get' what it is. Any tests you get done aren't going to say something's wrong with you cause nothing is and there's no test to prove if someone's queer or not.

It's a betrayal of trust for her to have this response, and you deserve so much better. Don't give up because you have a loving community behind you, even if you feel alone right now. Here's a list of ace friendly therapists by fuckyeahasexual on tumblr - if you're in a place where you can't sidestep her wanting a psychologist at least you can get one that validates you (it's by no means a complete list, but therapists put on their about info if they take lgbt issues), and since you're 15 you might be able to attend without a parent to keep doctor-patient confidentiality.

If your school or city has a GSA or LGBT youth group you can attend discretely, maybe try reaching out to them? So you can build a support network, and you can probably talk your supportive friends to going with you.

I'm sending you all my love and good vibes, hang in there. I know it sounds cheesy but it does get better.





November 19, 2020 at 12:02AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.