/u/SteveHeist on Aces Wild always have some interesting comics.

Even outside of sexuality, there's a far smaller range on what's considered "appropriately masculine behavior" for men. Watch the way seemingly basic "soft topics" are handled differently, such as the fact that "I need some space" is simultaneously supposed to be a 'wait cue' if a guy's GF tells him, and a 'red flag' if the script flips. Think about how many instances of LGBT+ (especially non-gay LGBT+, like ace, bi, et cetera) is either given to an AFAB character or set up so the character acts or is represented more effeminately post-reveal (to pull gays back in, the stereotype of the fabulous gay would fit into this as well).

Questioning the "way things are" is seen almost as a feminine thing to do while the "macho" thing is just to.. Be. Don't ask. Don't think. Follow the bright lights and ignore the calls of the dusk.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to come to this realization... But it's been on my mind a lot recently & I dunno what to do with it other than leave it under here.





September 09, 2020 at 11:33PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.