/u/squishielittlelizzie on Can I please have some backup?

That Q can stand for many things and lots of people prefer the acronym LGBT or LGBT+ even if their letter isn't represented by that. You don't make the rules, and you very much are trying to force people to use it and make the rules on gatekeeping. Again and again you have made it clear that people should have to use it in one way or another which is a jerk move. even here, your "but" says you expect people to use the Q and use it to mean queer regardless of their feelings about it as a word. That is forcing someone to use it

And in case you hadn't noticed since it's tagged as "aphobia" there is no A in LGBT or LGBT+. doesn't make those identities less valid for the people who identify that way, but doesn't mean forcing people to use the "extended acronym" just because you want that letter in there.





August 03, 2020 at 11:18PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.