/u/Ace_justvibin on Are aces LGBT? The answer to the age-old debate (yes I know it's not that old but it sounds better like that)

It might not impact me now, and for myself I don't really care about being considered LGBTQA+.

When it might have mattered was ~8 years ago when LGBT representatives came to my school to educate people and didn't mention asexuality or the possibility of not being sexually attracted to anyone.

Just another episode of "Soon you'll feel irresistable urges, EVERYONE FEELS THESE, they're normal", that rang in my head years later alongside a million other thoughts of brokenness.

Their opinion of me now has no impact on me - I don't care for or about straight aphobes, I don't care for or about LGBTQ+ aphobes. Their opinion might, however, have a lasting negative impact on some other kid out there wondering what's wrong with them. A kid that will hear about LGBT, but might not hear about asexuality for years





August 01, 2020 at 11:09PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.