/u/true-name-raven on Asexuals of Reddit, could you answer some quick questions about asexuality for my book?

  1. How and when did you realise you were asexual?
  1. The experience of realizing I was trans let me realize I was ace when someone else described it to me.
  1. Do you like making sex jokes/joking about sex? Do you find these kinds of jokes funny?

I prefer to avoid them. Half of them fly over my head, the other half are just boring.

  1. Are you interested in being in a romantic relationship? Why/why not? (I know this depends on the person, some asexuals are and some aren’t, I’m just curious about your personal perspective)

I'm not aro but a QPR was always my ideal imagined relationship. Nothing has changed in that regard.

  1. What do you wish authors writing asexual characters would include?

Um, I dunno, I don't really have strong feelings about ace representation beyond a generic "seems good".

  1. What stereotypes should a writer who is writing an asexual character avoid?

We aren't necessarily "innocent" or sex repulsed. Oh and some (most?) still fap; low libido =/= asexuality.





July 10, 2020 at 11:15PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.