/u/JenRos on Heteroromantic aces, I just want you all to know that you are valid members of the LGBT+ community.

Heteroromantic aces are valid!!

Any time I see someone being harmful to heteroromantic aces or asexuals in general I just remind them of how lesbians get trashed on for not being sexually attracted to men, gay men get trashed on for not being sexually attracted to women, bisexuals get trashed on by telling them 'they can't make up their minds', 'they're just gays who haven't come out of the closet' or 'they're straight people looking for attention'. Asexuals get harassed by both sides for not feeling little to no sexual attraction to anyone. Heteroromantic and aromantic aces especially because they're 'not gay' and it needs to stop. Heteroromantic and aromantic aces get bullied, harassed, and assaulted from both sides of the spectrum just as much as the rest of the asexual community does.

LGBT+ is supposed to be an open, accepting, and safe space. Not an exclusive club.





June 01, 2020 at 11:54PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.