/u/HealingTank on What's your opinion on asexual people who consider themselves superior?

I get what you meant by it, but perpetuating a negative stereotype while addressing another one is counterintuitive.

There are many factors that can make a person both boldly and aggressively ignorant, however, associating negative behavior with particular communities and beliefs is descrimitory.

At first, I didn't want to say anything about it and thought it just might have been a fluke, but when it came up again.. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't disheartening. From posts in the past, I know there are other aces in this sub that happen to have religious beliefs, and if any new comers who have those beliefs happened to be scrolling through the comments section I wouldn't want them to be reluctant to join or avoid this sub entirely.

All I'm saying is that jerks are jerks, but when we attach negative attitudes towards specific groups of people, we open the door for gatekeeping and discrimination.





June 04, 2020 at 11:42PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.