/u/eravyn on What do you think about childhood trauma contributing towards asexuality?

You said you think your parents' incompetence stunted you. My family is very closed off emotionally, I only ever saw my parents kiss if my mom was teasing my dad the way kids do (like "ew, gross, cooties" level stuff), no one but my grandma says I love you, hugs are rare and forced, etc. I sometimes wonder if that affected me. But it didn't affect my sister, and a lot of kids I grew up with had the same kind of home life and ended up more sexually active because of it, not less.

In the end, your experiences shape you, but nature overrides all of that. If your brain wants sex, you'd know it.





June 29, 2020 at 11:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.