/u/crazyorchidlady22 on How do you deal with that nasty little feeling that you don't belong anywhere and in reality are just broken?

I feel you. For me, that feeling will always be there. However, we can’t control the fact that we were born asexual just like how LGBTQ people can’t control their sexuality. You know, many people call gays mentally ill too.

If you’re in the minority (being ace) you need to grow a thicker skin because people won’t stop being assholes. I think to myself that self-pity won’t solve anything, so I shouldn’t pay these people any mind (I know easier said than done). Try to surround yourself with people who respect you and phase out the haters.

As aces we will always be a controversial minority, but we have a right to exist like everybody else. If they don’t respect you they’re not worth your time. If they’re not my friend or family I couldn’t give a rat’s ass what their thinking in their little heads.

If you have doubts about if you’re ace or not maybe you need more time to find yourself and maybe try dating people ace or allo. But it should be if you doubt yourself and not because other people make you doubt yourself. Are you ace because of depression or trauma? If not, then it’s not mental illness.





June 20, 2020 at 11:28PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.