Are some marriages destined to last for a lifetime? And others...not so much?

I love my husband. I respect and admire him. We have a beautiful family and life together.

If you had asked me 10-20-25 years ago, there was literally no one on earth I would rather grow old with than my husband. I think we were probably one of those couples who made other, more realistic couples, secretly barf behind closed doors. Thinking about us then, I want to barf now...

Somewhere along the line, something changed. Big time. To the point where I cannot imagine growing old with this person. I am devastated. I cry all the time. I spend hours calculating how long until my kids and pets will all be gone and I will truly be alone and miserable.

Yeah we have a pretty much dead bedroom despite two tries at sex therapy. We have sex once or twice a month. He isn't all that enthusiastic about oral, and never lasts more than 60-90 seconds PiV. I never orgasm. Doesn't generate much enthusiasm on my part for the next time.

I own that I have been complicit in letting things get to this point. Truly, half of the responsibility is mine. But I have no idea how to even take one step back into a better place right now.

Anyone else? Is it just me? How can I stare down the barrel of 10 more years of this before I will even have the chance to be free?



Submitted June 18, 2020 at 12:00AM

I love my husband. I respect and admire him. We have a beautiful family and life together.If you had asked me 10-20-25 years ago, there was literally no one on earth I would rather grow old with than my husband. I think we were probably one of those couples who made other, more realistic couples, secretly barf behind closed doors. Thinking about us then, I want to barf now...Somewhere along the line, something changed. Big time. To the point where I cannot imagine growing old with this person. I am devastated. I cry all the time. I spend hours calculating how long until my kids and pets will all be gone and I will truly be alone and miserable.Yeah we have a pretty much dead bedroom despite two tries at sex therapy. We have sex once or twice a month. He isn't all that enthusiastic about oral, and never lasts more than 60-90 seconds PiV. I never orgasm. Doesn't generate much enthusiasm on my part for the next time.I own that I have been complicit in letting things get to this point. Truly, half of the responsibility is mine. But I have no idea how to even take one step back into a better place right now.Anyone else? Is it just me? How can I stare down the barrel of 10 more years of this before I will even have the chance to be free?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.